Shortly after retiring from 22 years at Burnaby Hospital, I became BCRPA Certified Fitness Instructor in several fields of fitness including: Yoga For Fitness, Osteofit, Third Age, Get Up and Go, Weight Training, and most recently I received Certification as a Pfilates Instructor Trainer.
Other Certification includes: Diastasis Recti & Pelvic Floor Healing and Wellness, and Pre & Post Natal Fitness. During the last three years my teaching has been focused in a Seniors Environment, including the McKee House in Ladner and the Kennedy Seniors Centre in North Delta. Recently I have been invited to join Alongside You in Ladner where I specialize in Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation, as well as solutions for hip, lower back, postural issues to name a few, along with Therapeutic Yoga, for these issues or a combination of both. I also specialized in Trauma Sensitive Yoga, to reconnect the body and mind as mentioned on the Services drop down menu.
My passion is to empower people to take back control of their own bodies and health outcomes, and make informed choices through education and knowledge.
Women’s health, and specifically Pfilates, is my main focus and I am excited to be in on the ground floor of such an effective and innovative program for pelvic floor fitness, which was designed by urogynecologist Dr. Bruce Crawford of Reno, Nevada.
I received my Pfilates Instructor Trainer Certification from Dr. Crawford in August 2012 to certify qualified Personal Trainers as Pfilates instructors.
Experience and Achievements
- Therapeutic Yoga, Trauma Sensitive Yoga Therapy
- Pfilates (pelvic floor rehab) (both male & female)
- Pfilates (pelvic floor rehab) pre-post natal
- Weight Training Programs for Seniors (50+)
- Pre-Post Natal Yoga
- Pre/Post Natal Consultant
- Yoga for Seniors (modifications offered)
- Stability Ball Programs with Stretch and Posture focus
- Yoga for Kids
- Pfilates for Pre- and Post-Natal
- Fitness Program for “Deconditioned” Seniors or those New to Fitness (50+)
- Osteofit – Endorsed by BC Women’s Health
- Get Up and Go – Endorsed by Fraser Health Region
Strength enhancement, with focus on posture and pelvic floor conditioning, through the Pfilates program of functional exercises for Recovery, Strengthening and Prevention of conditions including: stress urinary incontinence, pelvic organ prolapse, bowel control, sexual dysfunction, overactive bladder and previous pelvic surgery. Therapeutic Yoga, Trauma Sensitive Yoga Therapy