Since joining with Alongside You in Ladner, I now offer Therapeutic Yoga, for physical ailments, and Trauma Sensitive Yoga which reconnects clients with their bodies and mind. I design individualized home Yoga practices for those who want to work more deeply with their therapeutic needs than can be done in a group setting. I ask for a minimum commitment of four 1 1/2 hour sessions, plus a 1 hour follow up. Available bookings Wednesday evenings 5:00 – 9:00 pm and Fridays 9:00 am – 1:00 pm at Alongside You in Ladner, or in home sessions can be arranged. I do not do medical diagnoses and you to consult with your healthcare provider regarding diagnosis. I work collaboratively with physiotherapists, psychologists, counsellors, chiropractors, massage therapists, Ayurvedic practitioners, and Medical/Naturopathic Doctors to help you assess how Yoga Therapy can be a part of your healing plan. I focus on understanding the root cause of your problem (Heyam-Hetu) before deciding collaboratively what the goal of the practice is (Hanum) and the makeup of the actual Yoga Therapy practice (Upayam). The first session is primarily exploratory to understand your situation on a physical, energetic, cognitive, psychological level. This is based primarily on you the student's self-assessment of your condition. The second session works on building the Yoga practice, the third is to assess, review, and revise the practice as necessary, and the fourth is to practice. You will be walked through Guided Meditation, that you can learn and practice at home on your own. You can include some Chanting as well if you like.
The most common problems addressed with Yoga Therapy:
- Common Aches and Pains: Feet and ankles; knees and hamstrings; hips; lower back; hands and wrists; neck and shoulders; sciatica; etc. Tight Muscles/Fascia/Nerves or Hyperextension (Over flexible/Over stretched ligaments)
- Misalignments: Kyphosis (hunch back/rounded shoulders); lordosis (sway back); asymmetries in hips; pronated feet; scoliosis; etc.
- Injuries: Whiplash; strained muscles, tendons or ligaments; sprained joints (hips, knees, shoulders, ankles, elbows, wrists); bulging discs, etc.
- Post joint replacement surgery: knees; hips; etc.
- Weight gain/loss: Obesity and anorexia
- Arthritis: Osteoarthritis (OA); Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)
- Digestive Disorders: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD); acid reflux; indigestion; constipation; and diarrhea
- Other Chronic Conditions: Carpel tunnel syndrome; Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, (CFS); fibromyalgia; hypo/hypertension (low/high blood pressure); incontinence; insomnia.
- Women’s Health: PMS; menstrual irregularities; pregnancy; infertility; menopause
The most common problems addressed with Trauma Sensitive Yoga Therapy:
- Emotional Health: Chronic anxiety, depression or stress; healing from grief or loss; dealing with trauma or change; traumatic vehicle accidents.
Most Extended Health care providers cover portions or all of your costs depending on individual coverage.